Job Title: Individual Giving Officer
Reports To: Director of Development
Job Summary: The Individual Giving Officer is responsible for initiating, developing and executing long-term philanthropic partnerships to raise funds for the mission of Make-A-Wish South Carolina. Specifically, the Individual Giving Officer is responsible for growing annual revenue generated from individual donors and implementing systems for identification, cultivation, solicitation and gift renewal. The position will identify and manage a portfolio of mid-level prospects. Preferred candidates will demonstrate an ability to close successful gifts, have knowledge of current fundraising best practices, have demonstrated past fundraising success and possess a strong commitment to the mission, vision and values of Make-A-Wish South Carolina. This is a newly created position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
The following duties are normal to this job description. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
INDIVIDUAL GIVING PROGRAM(S)
- Utilizes fundraising best practices for individual donors to meet the chapter’s annual revenue goals.
- Responsible for building and executing an individual mid-level ($5,000+) giving program, while also identifying and qualifying prospects with the capacity to give at a major gift level ($10,000+), to be assigned to senior leadership
- Manages a portfolio of approximately 150 prospects
- Partners with the CEO, board members, and development staff to identify new donors of financial capacity, leveraging networks and relationships as appropriate
- Works closely with the Director of Development and Development Operations Coordinator to improve our prospect management system that incorporates best practices for moves management system of identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects and donors.
- Tracks individual giving results to ensure that donor records in the Raiser’s Edge database are current and maintained so that the data has a high degree of accuracy.
- Works collaboratively with all members of the development, program services and volunteer services staff to utilize other events and wish granting activities as cultivation opportunities or points of entry
- Designs and implements individual stewardship plans for assigned donors and prospects
OTHER DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides monthly, written reports regarding the donor pipeline, cultivation activities and stewardship plans.
- Represents Make-A-Wish South Carolina at various speaking opportunities and community events.
- Assist as needed in developing and monitoring the chapter’s operating budget, primarily related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates with the Communications and Community Relations Manager to produce marketing and PR materials as needed.
- Maintains the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Collaborates with Make-A-Wish Foundation® of America on best practices and resources.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BA/BS in marketing, communications, business or related area, or comparable experience preferred.
- Three years of relevant experience in successful individual solicitation preferred.
- Proven ability to manage and execute philanthropic partnerships in a non-profit setting.
- A solid understanding of the business value of philanthropy, including the advancement of nonprofit causes and missions.
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent project management, customer service, and interpersonal, writing, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate with passion and relevancy and fully contribute to a collaborative team-oriented, proactive, fast-paced organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and work in a deadline driven environment.
- Proven ability to work within tight time lines and limited budgets.
- High levels of integrity, trustworthiness, flexibility, compassion, and humor are necessary to address the practicalities of a growing nonprofit, along with the creativity and persistence required to elicit new thinking and change.
- Comfort working independently and as a team.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, Raiser’s Edge & fundraising management software. Knowledge of Wealth Engine and Donor Scape is desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency with numbers and financial information and the ability to create reports and spreadsheets using information from the database.
To apply please email your cover letter and resume to Misty Farmer at email@example.com.
To see open positions available at Make-A-Wish® America and other Make-A-Wish® chapter offices, please visit the Employment & Internships page at www.wish.org.