Is your school, club, organization, or youth program looking to help make a difference in a child’s life? The Make-A-Wish Foundation® of South Carolina’s Kids For Wish Kids program allows you to do just that by granting the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions.
Click to view our Wish Week video on YouTube:
Kids For Wish Kids is an extremely popular program for kids because it is managed by kids like you! As kids, you are responsible for forming committees, coming up with fundraising ideas, and carrying them out. Teachers and parents often serve as advisors, but ownership of the group belongs solely to you and the other kids involved.
Kids For Wish Kids program objectives:
- Fosters the value of community service
- Provides hands-on experience in helping to grant wishes
- Provides mechanism for building school spirit
- Creates partnerships between children and teachers outside of the classroom.
Kids For Wish Kids Project Ideas:
- Host a "Wish Week" at your school (watch this video to learn more!)
- Organize a holiday party, dance, or walk-a-thon
- Organize a bake sale or carwash
- Selling Make-A-Wish® brand items
By putting the "fun" in fundraising, Kids for Wish Kids offers youngsters a unique opportunity to raise money for some very special children - Make-A-Wish kids. With the assistance of parents, teachers, and community leaders Kids for Wish Kids provides students and young people the opportunity to be creative and manage their own fundraiser from start to finish.
Watch this video to learn more about Kids For Wish Kids.