JOB/POSITION TITLE: Wish Manager
Reports To: Vice President of Mission Delivery
This position is responsible for the coordination of wishes within the policies and procedures established by the Make-A-Wish Foundation® of America and Make-A-Wish South Carolina. The Wish Manager assists the Mission Delivery Department in fulfilling the Make-A-Wish mission of creating life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
- Under the direction of the Vice President of Mission Delivery, the successful candidate will plan wishes and manage his/her own caseload of wishes to ensure the wish proceeds in a timely manner. Specific job duties include but are not limited to: communication with wish families regarding planning of the wish, managing expectations of wish children and families, coordinating all aspects of the wishes, submitting in-kind and closing for each wish file assigned.
- Coordinate all details of wishes by meeting appropriate deadlines and adhering to national and chapter policies, guidelines, and standards.
- Maintain wish files in accordance to the national standards.
- Ensure a quality wish experience for every child served. Communicate with health care professionals, volunteers, and family members to ensure each wish proceeds in the best interest of the child.
- Maintain sensitivity and confidentiality to families being served by the Chapter.
- Establish a wish budget for each wish within the guidelines set forth by the chapter and receive approval on all budgets from the Vice President of Mission Delivery, VP of Finance & Operations, or CEO.
- Maintain regular communication with volunteers and wish families regarding the wish process and planning.
- Ensure all in-kind is recorded and posted in conjunction with closing wish files in a timely manner after all in-kind, invoices, and charges are posted to the file.
- Develop strong relationships with vendors statewide to secure in-kind donations for wishes as well as identify new in-kind partnerships.
- Assist VP of Mission Delivery with medical outreach as needed.
- Keep abreast of National policies, guidelines and resources as they relate to the wish-granting program.
- Meet performance benchmarks as defined by chapter and national standards.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree required and 1 – 2 years related work experience, preferably in a non-profit setting working with children and families. Volunteer and fundraising experience helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks/deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. Ability to interact with diverse groups and work successfully in a collaborative, team-oriented organization is essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Practical experience in Raiser’s Edge or similar constituent management software preferred.
- Commitment to and a passion for the work of Make-A-Wish South Carolina.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to Jamie Stover, VP of Mission Delivery firstname.lastname@example.org
To see open positions available at Make-A-Wish® America and other Make-A-Wish® chapter offices, please visit the Employment & Internships page at www.wish.org.