Job Title: Community Engagement Specialist
Reports To: VP of Advancement
Job Summary: The Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for initiating, cultivating and executing long-term philanthropic partnerships to increase awareness and raise funds for the mission of Make-A-Wish South Carolina. The position will be accountable for managing multiple partnerships, tracking revenue success, and working with stakeholders to coordinate special events and campaigns to advance our message and foster collaborations between external community partners, grateful wish families and the community-at-large. Preferred candidates will have knowledge of current fundraising best practices, and must possess a strong commitment to the mission, vision and values of Make-A-Wish South Carolina.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
The following duties are normal to this job description. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES
- Responsible for cultivating and maintaining a portfolio of external special events and programs, cause marketing campaigns, and various philanthropic partnerships with individuals and organizations within the assigned geographic territory.
- Meets face-to-face with potential fundraising partners, community volunteers, and other constituency groups to guide them in the development and execution of fundraising initiatives and provides varying levels of support as appropriate.
- Attends fundraising events and speaking engagements as needed.
- Serves as primary point of contact for internal event auctions, including cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, auction software management and day of logistics.
- Develops, manages and executes all aspects of the Wish It Forward program, designed to engage and activate wish families who demonstrate an interest in fundraising after they’ve had their wish experience.
OTHER DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represents the chapter at various public speaking engagements and media appearances.
- Works closely with key development staff on all forms of donor stewardship.
- Ensures that donor records in the Raiser’s Edge database are current and maintained so that the data has a high degree of accuracy.
- Coordinates with the Director of Communications to produce marketing and PR materials as needed.
- Assists the VP of Advancement with compiling annual revenue and expense projections for areas of direct responsibility.
- Assists with youth programs for the chapter, including Kids for Wish Kids and Wishmakers on Campus initiatives as needed.
- Oversees the recruitment, on-boarding and management of the Special Events & Programs intern(s).
- Works in partnership with Make-A-Wish America on best practices and fully utilize resources available at the national office.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BA/BS or comparable experience preferred.
- Previous relevant experience in fundraising, special event management, business development, sales and marketing, annual fund leadership, membership or alumni relations is preferred.
- Proven ability to manage and execute philanthropic partnerships and special events in a non-profit setting.
- A solid understanding of the business value of philanthropy, including the advancement of nonprofit causes and missions, while also delivering strong value to corporate and special event partners.
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
- Requires excellent project management, customer service, interpersonal, writing, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to, communicate with passion and relevancy and fully contribute to a collaborative team-oriented, proactive, fast-paced organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and work in a deadline driven environment.
- Proven ability to work within tight time lines and limited budgets.
- High levels of integrity, trustworthiness, flexibility, compassion, and humor are necessary to address the practicalities of a growing nonprofit, along with the creativity and persistence required to elicit new thinking and change.
- Comfort working independently and as a team.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge database & fundraising management software.
To apply please email a cover letter and resume to Susanna Marino, VP of Finance & Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see open positions available at Make-A-Wish® America and other Make-A-Wish® chapter offices, please visit the Employment & Internships page at www.wish.org.