What is Running Wild for Wishes?
Designed to test your skills and your will, Running Wild For Wishes gives you a chance to join a team to tackle adventure and endurance for a gallant cause. Running Wild For Wishes is an endurance program that offers a network of adventurous running opportunities to support Make-A-Wish South Carolina. Whether you're a seasoned runner or just beginning your journey into the world of outdoor fitness, there is an event for you to take part in.
What's included in my hike experience?
Symbolic of life-changing wishes for Wish Kids, Running Wild For Wishes begins with determination to defy the odds by overcoming limitations and fears and raising awareness and funds, to the joy of having obtained your goal - all a direct reflection of the journey a wish kid experiences. By supporting Running Wild For Wishes, participants help Make-A-Wish South Carolina grant more wishes than ever statewide this year. Take the opportunity to push your limits and experience a new kind of adventure.
- Specialized training program including a workout calendar and bi-weekly group hikes
- Training Clinics: hiking boots, socks and other trail essentials, hydration and nutrition and cross training
- Support and coaching from experienced hikers and staff
- Hotel accommodations on hike weekend in Lavonia, GA (3-days/2-nights)
- Trailblaze Challenge shirt for hike weekend
- Trailblaze Challenge bandana for training hikes & hike weekend
- Transportation to and from the trail on hike day
- Friday night pasta party to carb load before the big day
- Trail support at multiple locations throughout your journey, including hydration, snacks, first aid and encouragement
- Saturday evening post-hike celebration to share trail stories
- Sunday post-hike victory breakfast before heading home
- Inspiration through Make-A-Wish wish stories and interactions with wish families
Is there a fee to participate? Each "Wild One" will be asked to raise a minimum amount of funds to cover their expenses and to help Make-A-Wish continue its mission to grant the wishes of children with critical illnesses. Goals vary based on the event the participant joins. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or register.
How will I reach my goals?
Make-A-Wish will support event participants each step of the way by providing each participant with a personalized fundraising webpage, as well as sponsorship and fundraising materials, tips and advice. Each runner will be provided with a specialized training program and will be invited to attend informal meet-ups.
When did Running Wild For Wishes begin?
The inaugural Running Wild For Wishes event was in spring 2017.
Outdoor Ethics Make-A-Wish® South Carolina is committed to upholding the standards of Leave No Trace outdoor ethics. We aim to create a philanthrophic event that is as equally responsible as it is fun.